University is hard. Working is hard. Taking a break? Impossible. Now, balancing all three – crazy hard! It’s a lifestyle majority of the students can relate to, juggling work and studies to make money as well as pursue the career of their dreams. It can sometimes be difficult to take on a part-time job while trying to finish your degree. There are three main parts of every student’s life which consume most of their time: study, work and their personal life. Your studies and work both can take an ample amount of time and very little time may remain for personal interests and too many times, one overpowers the other as priorities mess up!
Luckily, we have had the chance to do a Q&A with the lifestyle blogger, Rabia Kausar who has the prettiest Instagram feed. From just glance, you will instantly feel at peace and organised as ever! She shares practical steps you can take and products to purchase, to make sure you feel like you’re progressing towards your passions, even when you’re a stressed-out student, just like her! Read on for the Q&A:
1. Can you share your full name and age? Also, what are you currently studying at university in which university? What’s your ultimate goal and what influenced you to pursue this career path?
My full name is Rabia Kausar and I am 20 years old. I am currently a final year student at the University of Bradford, studying biomedical science. My ultimate goal is to work in the medical field one day. I have always been interested in science and healthcare so working in a hospital seems like the ideal workplace for me.
2. You are an incredible lifestyle blogger; how did you exactly start that journey to become the blogger you are now?
I started blogging in the summer of 2017, I’ve always wanted to have a platform to be able to share my thoughts and experiences on, as well as being able to connect with other people so I just made a website and started sharing content.
3. How do you balance your university studies and blogging regularly and of course, other duties that comes with being a student, daughter etc.?
I will always prioritise university and family life above blogging. I don’t feel pressured to blog weekly, if I don’t feel like doing it then I won’t. Ultimately my studies and my personal life come before blogging, which is just a hobby for me.
4. Based on your experiences of blogging, what do you feel is the most important aspect to consider while blogging, to what degree is engaging with your followers important to you?
Personally, I feel like posting content that is true to myself is the best way to engage followers, I only want to ever post something that actually relates to me and in doing so, I think the followers I have will look forward to seeing the content I post.
5. What do you feel makes for a good blogger, what entices you to follow them and keep up to date?
There isn’t a blog I follow religiously, for me it’s about reading content I love an find interesting but I think something that makes a good blogger is someone that engages with their followers.
6. You are also a Muslim; how does your religion and this part of your identity impact your content and manner in conducting your social media profiles?
I think it restricts my audience to a certain degree, most of my audience is predominately Muslim. In terms of my content, I don’t like posting pictures of my face.
7. Do you pride yourself in being very organized, when and how did you develop that discipline?
Yes, I do, and I think I’ve always been that way. I always write to-do lists, I always plan my days and I make sure I keep on top of things.
8. Are you this coordinated and organized with every other aspect of your life, (if so, how do you do it. If not, how are you working towards making it happen?
I would say I am, I like to plan my days and keep organized of every aspect of my life – studies, blogging and personal life. It was hard to keep on top of everything last year when I was also working but I don’t work anymore so it’s easier to stay organized.
9. How important do you believe remaining organized and strict in arrangement is to make your education and lifestyle much more fruitful and successful?
It is extremely important, I could never be one of those people who just take things as they come, I have to know what I’m doing and when I’m doing it and I believe it helps me stay focused and calm.
10. You receive PR posts, is that a perk you’re grateful for, do the products they send suit your personality and taste? What are your long-term goals and vision for your blog?
Yes, I do, I’m extremely grateful for them, I didn’t expect them at first but having followed other bloggers, I see that it’s quite normal for people who have over a certain number of followers. I would love to go self-hosted on my blog one day and I really want to be able to maybe create my own stationery line one day but for now, I’m just happy with where I’m at.
11. You seem to have every possible glamorous daily, yearly planners and stationeries; which products are your favorites and ones you use daily?
I currently use my Kate Spade planner every day to keep track of collaborations, blogposts and Instagram posts I have to work on. I have multiple to-do lists and daily planners which I often switch up daily. One of my favourites is from Poundland!
12. Can you share tips on how to utilize and make the most of them, also how to develop the habit to actually use them?
I dedicate 10 -15 minutes of time before I get into bed to plan the next day and to write in my journals. I’ve integrated this into my nighttime routine, so I feel odd if I don’t do this.
13. How would you describe yourself in three words?
Positive, Loyal and Reliable.
14. What is your signature look and color?
Signature colour is black, I’m just attracted to black clothing, most of my wardrobe is black. As for look, I don’t really have one, it’s just whatever I’m comfortable in.
15. You’re also a bookworm, what genre of books do you favor and why?
Yes, I love to read, I love to read historical fiction mainly.
Keep up to date with her on Instagram: @rabiakausar11 @rabiastudiesBack to news
The application for
edits point accepted
Edits will be added
after verification, you
there will come a notification
in the personal Cabinet